No matter what writing skills you have right now…
And even if you’ve never written a word of fiction in your life…
“In Just 3 Weeks, You Will Know How To Write Good Story Beginnings, Compelling Middles, and Both “Opposites” and “Dramatic Irony” Twist Endings…For FREE.”
And you’ll have fun learning how to do it.
My name is Holly Lisle, and I’m a full-time writer with more than thirty commercially published novels, including award-winners, best-sellers, and books that have made their way into translations around the world. I’ve begun indie-publishing my backlist and some of my frontlist as well.
I’ve also written a string of very successful writing courses (my definition of success here is that the students who take them write much better when they finish than when they started, and many go on to publish).
How To Write Flash Fiction That Doesn’t Suck is my introductory career writing course.
By the end of 3 weeks, IF YOU DO THE WORK, you will have written five complete 500-word short stories that are good. Quite a few students who went through the first wave of this course were selling their class projects and winning contests with them as soon as they finished lesson three.
But people who don’t know me, and who haven’t yet taken any of my courses, have four basic questions they ask me—so I’ll assume you have the same questions, and answer them now.
Question 1: What do you mean by “free”?
- You don’t pay anything now or ever for the Flash Fiction class.
- You don’t give me your credit card information.
- You don’t have to pay for some OTHER thing before you can get into class.
- It’s free as in “free beer.” Or “free cookies,” which I personally prefer.
- You click the sign-up button below.
- You create your username and your password, and give your valid email address.
- You solve the captcha (and I’m so sorry about this, but without the captcha you, I, and the forums would be buried in spammers).
- And when you sign in, you go straight into class.
Question #2: (Which is more of a challenge, really…) Everyone knows REAL free stuff is never any good.
This is usually true. However, rather than debate why How To Write Flash Fiction That Doesn’t Suck is different, I’ll let one of my students tell you about the class.
Question #3: So it’s good… Then WHY is it FREE?
Because I KNOW I can show you how to tell good stories, how to write them well, and how to hook readers on what you’ve written.
But YOU don’t know this.
So rather than expect you to take my word for it and pay me to show you what you can do, I’ll just prove it to you.
If you hate the way I work or are dissatisfied with what you’ve learned, you move on, and neither of us is worse off than we were before.
If you like the way I work and decide you want to stay, you can stay for free, redo the class until you’re up to your ears in flash fiction, and you’ll never pay a dime. But I also have a range of courses that will help you reach your writing goals—at your pace and within your budget, whatever it might be.
(I have some 99¢ courses, and several over—or quite a bit over—$100, so I’m not kidding about the wide range.)
You expand whenever you want—and no matter what classes or workshops you eventually join, they all come with the same lifetime access to classrooms, downloads, and, if applicable, forum boards.
Last question. What do I get for my
- You’ll learn one way to come up with story ideas quickly. You’ll never again struggle for something to write about.
- You’ll begin to develop a sense of story pacing. Your characters will do interesting things, and come to interesting ends.
- You’ll learn what goes in the middle of a story, and why. This is tough to learn while you’re in the process of writing your 750,000-word ring cycle. However, you’ll find it very simple to get the concept when the entire story is 500 words in length…or shorter.
- You’ll discover how to create two broadly applicable types of story endings. There are countless ways to end stories. Most of them, however, suck. Once you’ve learned two systematic ways of developing good endings, you’ll have something to build into longer works.
- You’ll discover how to write stories that matter, both to you and to your readers. Incredibly short fiction can matter. O.Henry, Frederick Brown, and Aesop (or folks who wrote under that name) are still famous long after their deaths for some very short pieces—because these pieces resonated when written, and still resonate today. You can can learn to write stories that will last far longer than you will.
- And you’ll finish five (or more) short stories you can submit or sell on your own.
You’ll also get the following:
- Full General Membership, which means you’re eligible for members-only live-online classes, workshops, and early-bird specials.
- The Flash Fiction discussion board and workgroup.
- The Introduce Yourself Board, Writer Talk, and a couple other general membership boards, and read-access to the Eureka Boards and Announcements.
- The Writer Crash Test story-crit video collection.
- Worksheet downloads for all my publicly available short courses: Character Clinic, Plot Clinic, Language Clinic, Culture Clinic, the upcoming World Clinic, How to Write Page-Turning Scenes, Mugging the Muse, and Professional Plot Outline.
Get This Great Free Course With Proven Results, and No Strings!
- Free 3-Week Class
- Live forum discussions and workgroup
- Worksheets and lessons
- All additional General Membership perks